Conquering That February Feeling.

I know it's not February, but I seem to have had a touch of that feeling that comes along when it has been dark and cold a little too long. I woke up this morning knowing that it was less to do with this (mostly glorious) city and more to do with not being nearer Ruskin as he starts his GCSE exams. It was wonderful fortune that today is the day Başak comes and plays with the kids in the energetic way I wish I could manage more often, and I went off to look for the beauty in Beşiktaş. Anyone who has been here will know that it is not too hard to find, and after facing into the sun for a couple of hours I am feeling that we will manage quite well again, Istanbul and me.


Beşiktaş apartments.

Birds.

Maiden's Tower through the crashing waves.

Vapur.

The historic peninsula from Beşiktaş.

More birds.

Mosque.

Close to Beşiktaş fish market.

Close to Beşiktaş fish market.

Close to Beşiktaş fish market.

Başak, Anton and Neve.

Başak, Anton and Neve.

Visit the Facebook page, the Tumblr page, the Flickr page or the Twitter page of this blog

6 thoughts on “Conquering That February Feeling.

  1. Beautiful pictures captured today, Julia. I've had a touch of the winter "blahs" myself lately. I'm glad that you were able to get out and have a mini-break. That always helps me to keep a more positive perspective too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eye for beautiful situations is incredible... the old man´s face... the lights in the background... the dome through the tree needles... it´s simply beautiful!

    But would your photo gallery be without those adorable children... love how Neve is smiling at her lovely brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to get out for awhile and renew your spirits. I love all of the beautiful things you captured, that third photo down is amazing- was it raindrops on a window or a reflection in water, or? You really captured winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, Rebekka, Nicole, thank you so much for your friendship. Lisa, hope the 'blahs' are beating a hasty retreat. My two hours alone just turned my week around. It was so good to take photographs without Neve reaching out of her Ergo to 'help'. You three are such powerful inspiration to me. Nicole, thanks so much for your detailed response. I am going to look at the books you mentioned. The third photograph down is of Maiden's Tower seen through the waves that are crashing against the shore I am standing on. It actually turned out sort of as I hoped! Thank goodness you three haven't stopped posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you some summer sunshine, cockatoos calling, soft washing waves and a big warm hug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thank you! That sounds like the perfect recipe for recovery. What a lovely message to find.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.